Homeschool Mock Trial 101
The jury returns the verdict and you watch half of your beloved students sigh with disappointment while the other half of them shoot quick glances at their teammates, smiles of satisfaction displayed for all to see.
It has been Jamie’s experience, in organizing and executing 3 of these events, that a mock trial does the following:
- Demands teamwork amongst participants
- Teaches communication skills
- Requires calculated reasoning while examining case materials
- Improves composition while crafting questions and arguments
- Provides opportunity for students to rise to the challenge
- Allows participants practice thinking on their feet
- Informs participants on the judicial branch
- Equips participants to demonstrate humility and confidence when arguing
Doesn’t that sound amazing? It really is.
But the truth is, a courtroom needs booked, a judge secured, a jury gathered, forms created, a syllabus written, class time designated, instruction given, assignments clarified, assessments performed, and then a mock trial executed.
Jamie can help. During this two-hour LIVE webinar Jamie will prepare you to partner with local professionals to pull off a project that surpasses any science fair or year-end skit you’ve ever seen! You’ll receive templates for necessary forms, lesson plans, a syllabus, and links to options for cases. You’ll receive a script to use when calling to schedule the event, and tips on how to communicate expectations with all involved to work to eliminate chaos.
You can do this! Jamie can help!
September 14th, 2019 10AM EST – 12PM EST
*Webinar will be recorded for participant who can’t join the live event.
**Make note your registration will be sent to your email on file with PayPal. If you would prefer a different email, you’ll need to email Jamie firstname.lastname@example.org so that change can be made. Thank you!